Ring in Summer with These Family Friendly Activities
Summertime is the best time to enjoy the warm weather and quality time with your family. With so many activities to do over the summer, it’s good to start a list of everything you want to do together! Whether you want to visit the zoo, do some traveling all together, or maybe just lounge by the pool, you and your baby will both enjoy these sunny months together! Red Rock Fertility Center knows how important family time is, and we’re here to help you track down some of the best activities and events in Las Vegas and beyond.
1. Enjoy Pool Time
One of the most obvious options when it comes to summertime fun is swim days at the pool! Whether you’re spending the day at your home pool or heading out to the community pool or water park, pool days are always a good chance to be all together. After your baby has mastered holding up their head while placed in a sitting position at 4 months, and the neck muscles have been strengthened even more at 6 months, it’s the perfect time to get them experienced in the water. Start off by swaying around in the water with your little one to ease them into it. Don’t forget the sunscreen! Dermatologists recommend using at least SPF 30 or higher. Pool time fun is the perfect way to escape the heat and have an enjoyable afternoon. Below are some pooltime attractions located right here in Las Vegas:
Family-Friendly Resort Pools
- Mandalay Bay Beach: Non-hotel guests welcome Monday – Thursday, Adults $20 and Kids 4-16 $10.
- Sandbar Pool at Red Rock Casino: Non hotel guests welcome Monday – Friday, Adults $25 and Kids 10 and younger $20.
- The Tank at Golden Nugget Las Vegas: Non hotel guest welcome Monday – Thursday, Adults $25, Friday – Sunday, Adults $35. Kids under 6 are free.
- Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas: Open 10:30 am – 8 pm on weekdays. Open 10:30 am – 10 pm on weekends. General Admission $34.99 and Junior Admission $29.99. Children 2 years and younger are free.
- Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas: Open 11 am – 7 pm on weekdays. Open 11 am – 10 pm on weekends. General Admission $39.99 and Youth Admission $29.99. Children 2 years and younger are free.
2. Explore the Local Farmers Markets
Going shopping with your little ones can sometimes be stressful, but this summer enjoy browsing the market with the whole family. Whether you live in Las Vegas or are located elsewhere, local farmers markets are filled with hidden treasures and pop up almost every weekend. So, pack up the family, grab the stroller, and check out what the local farmers markets have to offer. Pick up some fresh produce, find an amazing art piece, or get the little ones something special. No matter what your goal is, the real win is enjoying a beautiful afternoon with the family. Below are a few farmers markets in Las Vegas.
- Bruce Trent Park: Every Wednesday 2-8 pm
- 1600 N. Rampart Blvd.
- Gardens Park: Every Thursday 2-8 pm
- 10401 Gardens Park Dr.
- Galleria at Sunset: Every Friday 10 am – 2 pm
- 1300 W. Sunset, Henderson
- Floyd Lamb Park: 1st and 3rd Saturdays 10 am – 2 pm
- 9100 Tule Springs Rd.
- Downtown Summerlin: Every Saturday 9 am – 2 pm
- 1980 Festival Plaza Dr.
3. Take a Hike
Another great family gathering that is sure to be filled with memories is hiking. No matter where you live, explore the local hiking scene and find a trail that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re packing up the car for a longer adventure or just hiking through the local park, everyone is sure to have a great afternoon.
When hiking with kids of any age, make sure you are properly prepared for anything. Pack healthy snacks to keep everyone going during the hike, make sure you have plenty of water to keep everyone hydrated, and pay attention to the weather before heading out. Being in nature is a wonderful way to teach your family the importance of taking care of Mother Earth and appreciating the world around us. Below are a few local hikes in and around Las Vegas:
- Mount Charleston | Fletcher Canyon, Big Falls, and Cathedral Rock | 40 miles
- Boulder City | Historic Railroad Tunnel Trail | 30 miles
- Henderson | River Mountains Loop Trail | 23 miles
- Centennial Hills | Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs | 17 miles
4. Head Out to the Movies
It’s summertime, and that means heat! One way to beat the heat this summer, while also enjoying some family time, is to head out to the movies. Everyone loves popcorn, slushies, and the newest flicks. So gather the whole family and head out to the theater for some laughs and fun. Taking a baby or younger kids to the movies can sometimes be a challenge, but there are some ways around this so everyone can enjoy the show. Check out morning showings, make sure everyone has been fed, or maybe enjoy a drive-in movie from the comfort of your own car! Below are some options for movie fun in Las Vegas:
- Century 16 @ Suncoast
- Century 18 @ The Orleans
- AMC 18 @ Town Square
- Las Vegas 6 Drive-In @ West Wind
- Poolside Movie Night, Double Feature @ M Resort
- Dive in Movies at Boulevard Pool @ The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
5. Get Involved in a Summer Activity
With so many options available throughout the summer it’s hard to pick just one. Summertime is a great time to get your young ones excited about learning a new skill and developing hobbies that they enjoy. Whether your children are interested in playing an instrument, or learning how to swim, or joining a baseball team, the possibilities are endless. Below are some activities you and the little ones might be interested in:
- Youth Sports at the YMCA
- Outdoor Soccer
- Flag Football
- USA Swimming
- AMF Bowling Co.
- Sports & Recreation at the Boys & Girls Club
- Summer Music Camp
- And much more!
No matter what you choose to do as a family this summer, you are sure to have a good time as you spend some much needed time together. Make this summer the season for adventure, fun, and growth! Red Rock Fertility Center wishes you and your family nothing short of a spectacular summer.